AZGOP chairman Kelli Ward stirred up a hornet’s nest when she fired the Resolution Committee she had appointed after Thanksgiving in Nov 2019.
According to GOP sources, Ward abruptly dissolved the Resolutions Committee on Dec 18, 2019 as the committee reviewed 25 resolutions that had been presented for consideration for recommendation at the upcoming Jan 25 Arizona State Convention.
PC/committee member Vince Ansel says, “It all began with a nice email received on Nov 27, 2019 from AZ Republican Party Chairman, Kelli Ward stating that I had been chosen to serve on the Republican ‘Resolutions Committee”. The job of this committee is to vote on ‘resolutions’ which would then be forwarded to the State GOP Committee for consideration and a vote on Jan 25, 2020. That vote would set in motion the political platform and goals of the State Republican Party for 2020. Ansel listed the 11 resolutions passed by the 25 committee members in attendance at the Dec 18 meeting before Committee Chairman Russell Pearce was notified by Ward that she had fired the committee mid-meeting for alleged ‘rules violations.’
They had passed resolutions:
1. Strict enforcement of Immigration Law and condemnation of Sanctuary city policies.
2. State support of a well-armed militia to help in defense of our southern borders.
3. The condemnation of ABOR for granting discounted tuition to Illegal Aliens.
4. State defunding of the baby-killing organization known as “Planned Parenthood”.
5. Support of the Electoral College.
6. Strict enforcement of established law prohibiting the hiring of Illegal Aliens.
7. State compliance of laws regarding English as Arizona’s Official Language.
8. Resolution to end the illegal DACA program immediately.
9. Resolution to expand School Choice and increase the number of Vouchers issued.
10. Resolution to denounce “Red Flag Laws” which violate citizen 2nd Amendment rights.
11. Resolution that the AZ Republican Party stand firmly with President Trump.
Follow up e-mails indicate Ward thought the resolutions “too divisive” and that she was forming a new Resolution Committee under a new chairman which has prompted the fired committee members to question whether Ward buckled under press from Doug Ducey.
Chairman Pearce said he had been told that Ducey was pushing hard for “his Gun Confiscation Scheme (Red Flag Laws) which Pearce points out is a “clear violation of the Constitution. The Gov is also a member of ABOR and supports giving instate tuition to DACA students (in violation of Arizona Law.) Chairman Ward is trying to play politics and NOT do what is right – which is a shame. But, dismissing me as chairman and the whole committee is deceitful and will backfire on her.” Pearce was nominated for the chairmanship by LD25 Chair Ian. Peace continued, “This is all politics. ABOR has been stuffed with Ducey appointments including democrats and Karrin Robson who wants to run for Governor. The only reason our AG (Mark Brnovich) is going after their abuse of power is because he knows I will if he doesn’t and has stated so to the Arizona Republic. Just like he did when he blasted for forcing him to sue ABOR for giving in-state tuition strictly against the law.”
Pearce noted, “Resolutions are the party members voice and so she needs to just suck it up and let them win or lose in a vote. Ward is supposed to be a conservative. Keep in mind money talks. Karrin who sits on the ABOR board just took $250K from Ed Robson as Karrin plans to is run for Governor. This ABOR illegal act deal will blow up in Karrin’s face and she knows it. The Red Flag laws are a clear violation of the Constitution and due process and should not be voted in by the legislature. If this party doesn’t stand up for what is right we are in trouble and no better than the Dems and the left. We need to take a stand. We must get Trump re-elected or we will put our Republic at risk. We elected President Trump, because he is willing to take on the swamp and take a strong stand on the founding principles of this Republic in spite of the daily attacks by the Media and the Left. I do not understand why Kelli and the Gov are against English as the Official Language as it is already in our Constitution . Or why they would support an illegal, unconstitutional Executive Order by President Obama and do not want us to demand we end DACA. Or why she would want to silence the voice of our hard working Conservatives – the back bone of this Party who clearly are opposed to Red Flag legislation, voted overwhelmingly for Prop. 300 to say NO to DACA, and why in the world would they be afraid to out ABOR for breaking the law. All Politics. Who’s side are they on?
Pearce said, “This whole attempt is to stop resolutions that this Party wants. They (party members) DO NOT want Gun Confiscation Laws (Red Flag laws) that is Ducey’s pet legislation, they do not want to condemn ABOR for breaking law flagrantly (Ducey is on the Board), they want to protect DACA in spite of the President being in court right now to stop it, and they do not want to support God’s Plan of only two Genders (changed to two sexes). When I would not violate Robert’s Rules of Order or pander to Ward and Ducey this is when the evil plan started to make sure they did not pass. The Committee was even stacked to stop it, but it failed due to the solid Patriots on the Committee. Some of these passed UNANIMOUSLY but they will do what they can to stop them including cheating and lying. I am so disappointed on Chairman Ward and those who continue to throw our Conservatives under the bus while we support our own SWAMP. Some of these passed UNANIMOUSLY but she decided to do whatever she had to do to stop them. In fact Kelli was texting to committee members during the committee vote. I am so disappointed in Chairman Ward and those who continue to throw our Conservatives under the bus while we pander to our own SWAMP.”
Pearce said Ward sent emails to him and texted members to:
· “ not to vote on the Resolution to stop Red Flag Laws (a gun confiscation scheme)
· “ not to vote on condemning ABOR for breaking the law and their continued effort to violate both Federal and Arizona law (Prop. 300 passed by 73% of Arizonans made it clear NO tax dollars directly or indirectly to DACA or anyone in the Arizona illegally)
· “ not to vote on the Resolution to end DACA, which we all know is a violation of law and an illegal executive order by Obama
· “ not to vote to support God’s Plan of Two Genders (changed to two Sexes) as it was controversial.
· “ not to vote on enforcing English as the Official Language that the is in our Constitution
When that failed Kelli decided to illegally change the rules. “ -ft